Photo with 5 notes
Sitting in a coffee shop, getting slightly odd looks, but finished.
Photo with 2 notes
Day fifty-five. The orange name with no understitch is Hephaistos. I think of this whole piece as Hephaistian. No, it’s not as pretty as Alphabet. It’s a little weird and looks a bit odd, but it’s so much cleverer than it’s pretty sibling.
Day fifty-four. I took a day off going to get replacement threads for those that ha mysteriously vanished. I expect to be mostly finished with this today, bar two names which I can’t fill in until I can figure out who the father is, which may take a couple of days. I’ll be getting the even weave for the next piece tomorrow, and starting it regardless.
Day fifty-three. The slow advance of the names. The closest name you can see is Thetis, but it needs undoing because I accidentally used Leto’s colour for the understitch. I can’t seem to find the colour I actually bought for Thetis’ understitch and I seem to have gained an extra mid-range purple from somewhere and I can’t think what I picked it for. I did, of course, write which colour was for which name down somewhere. Somewhere.
Day fifty. I can tell it’s nearly finished because it’s reached the point where I can’t take the photo without my shoes on.
Day forty-nine. I’m nearly done with this one, I think two more days if purple, a couple of days of filling in names and it’ll be done. Apologies that watching a giant purple black-out poem grow is probably not as interesting as watching Alphabet grow was. Really, I’m pining to start the morphology piece, because in my head it already looks brilliant, but I’ll probably have to leave that a couple more months until I have regular access to lecturers who can double-check some of my Greek. So next up will be Locative, I think .
Page 1 of 6